If you’ve been diagnosed with a heart-related condition, your doctor may decide to prescribe treatment to help strengthen your heart, reduce risk factors, inform you about healthy nutrition and safety precautions as you return home, and help you resume a normal or semi-normal lifestyle. Our staff is dedicated to helping you recover faster and more completely. Let us help you get educated on your heart health, learn how to be more active, and get on with your life as a stronger and healthier you.
Our staff works with your physician to support you and provide you with:
- Confidence to perform daily activities
- Education to live a healthier lifestyle
- Knowledgeable, professional guidance to help you adapt to a new lifestyle
- Motivation and encouragement
Our program focuses on individuals who have heart disease or who are at high risk for heart disease, including patients who are:
- Living with stable angina
- Recovering from a heart attack
- Recovering from a heart or lung transplant
- Recovering from coronary bypass surgery
- Recovering from coronary angioplasty or stent placement
- Recovering from valve surgery
- Living with heart failure
Our cardiac rehab program can help you:
- Feel better, faster
- Reduce blood pressure
- Improve blood cholesterol levels
- Improve energy
- Increase activity levels, strength and stamina
- Reduce body fat
- Reduce disability
- Reduce stress
- Reduce the risks of future heart problems
- Reduce tobacco usage
The outpatient part of our program begins when you are discharged from the hospital. A registered nurse and/or a registered clinical exercise physiologist will monitor this phase, which combines education, counseling and behavior changes. The eight – to 12-week phase usually consists of three 60-minute exercise sessions per week.
A physician’s referral is required to participate in the cardiac rehabilitation program at Northern Louisiana Medical Center.
To get started, schedule an appointment with your doctor or search our online provider directory.